We are highly attuned to the challenges facing today’s art collectors, from the increased volume of international purchases, to the need to insure works in progress.
We are also keenly aware that the values of some genres have experienced a meteoric rise in recent years, often outpacing the financial markets.
In this environment, sophisticated collectors require large coverage limits and flexible protection, but even casual art owners will benefit from the broad coverage afforded by an insurance policy that contains language specific to fine art risks.
Look to AIG for broad, customizable art insurance coverage, including:
- Worldwide coverage, including while in transit or on loan
- No deductibles
- Agreed values
- Reimbursement up to an additional 50% of scheduled value
- Loss in value coverage for partial losses
- Immediate coverage for new acquisitions, for up to 25% of the class limit if we are notified within 90 days of acquisition.
- Coverage for pairs and sets
- Before finalizing a purchase, take items home on loan and know they are protected
- Coverage for works-in-progress
Policyholders have access to a suite of value-added services designed to complement coverage and help you to reduce the likelihood of damage or loss.